Child Care Coordinating Council of the North Country
North Country Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Center
is accepting applications for a full time Resource and Referral Specialist position.
This is an ideal position for a person passionate about supporting families with school-age children by building capacity and linking them with resources. The specialist will work as part of a regional team in the North Country Regional Partnership of the Office of Special Education, NY State Department of Education Office of Special Education to provide support, information, and outreach to families with school-age children with disabilities. The specialist will also work with educators and community partners across the North Country.
We are seeking a strong team player who can also take individual initiative. The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to deliver public presentations, listen with empathy, have direct experience with the special education process, and network effectively with community resources. This position will collaborate regularly with special education programs in North Country schools.
· Bachelor’s degree in Education, Human Services or related field required.
· Direct experience with the special education system in a parent role or professional role required.
· Experience with community outreach required.
· Experience with public presentation preferred.
· Familiarity with database management preferred.
· Occasional regional travel with reliable vehicle.
For a complete job description please call or email Laurie Booth-Trudo at email@example.com; 518-566-3473. To apply please send resume and letter of interest to Laurie Booth-Trudo to the above listed email or mail to PO Box 2640, Plattsburgh, NY 12901.
For questions or to make an appointment, please contact us: