Permanency Resource Center and Kinship Program
Through the Family Forever! Adoptive and Kinship Families of the North Country Permanency Resource Centers (PRC), a variety of unique services are available to the following:
- Post-adoptive, post-legal guardianship, and KinGap families in Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Hamilton, and St. Lawrence Counties
- Kinship caregivers (family members raising a relative’s child) in Clinton County
The Family Forever! PRC program offers many types of support and resources, including:
- Advocacy: We can accompany you to Court, DSS, school meetings, and more.
- Respite care: Everyone needs a break sometimes. We provide fun, enriching activities for children to keep them engaged and entertained, while you enjoy some free time.
- Support groups: A confidential, nurturing, and positive experience with others who understand what you are going through. Connecting with others this way provides you with a rich support network. Accompanying child care available.
- Educational workshops: We stay informed and work to provide information on topics relevant to you, and strive to be responsive to your needs. We regularly offer workshops to help families learn about navigating the legal system, child development, addressing challenging behavior, and more.
- Home visits: We come to you and help you in the comfort of your own home, encouraging and supporting your family’s healthy development.
- Youth programs: An opportunity for youth to engage in constructive, fun activities with other youth who have had similar experiences.
- Family events: Welcoming the whole family to join in the fun and connect with our community of families!
- Needs based assistance/information and referral services: We explore individual family needs and provide assistance on a case-by-case basis. Sometimes families have specific needs that can be served by additional programs in the community. We work with you individually to make connections with other community supports.
See our calendars for upcoming events:
The Family Forever! Permanency Resource Center has three office locations in Plattsburgh, Malone, and Tupper Lake - but don’t worry, we will also come to where you are!
To contact us in:
Northern Franklin County, St. Lawrence County, and Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe...
Call Diana Grant or Jordan Stickney on (518) 481-7281
Southern Franklin County, Southern St. Lawrence County, Hamilton County, and Western Essex County
Call Kristy LaGray Conlon on (518) 359-8167
Call Caprice Johnson on (518) 561-4999
Eastern Essex County...
Call Katie Wilcox on (518) 561-4999
Or call Katie Wilcox on (518) 561-4999 for general questions and to be connected with the appropriate coordinator
A New York State Office of Children and Family Services Kinship Caregivers Program and Permanency Resource Program.