The North Country School-Age Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Center located at the Child Care Coordinating Council of the North Country, provides technical assistance on the special education process, group training, research, and information to parents/guardians of children and youth with a disability, ages 5-21. Our services are designed to promote and support meaningful parent involvement in the special educational program. Parents active involvement results in better outcomes for students.
It is so important that parents understand how the special education process works for students and how critical their engagement really is in that process. The FACE Center, funded by the NY State Department of Education, is designed to support a parent's full engagement in their child's special education program.
Services are provided to families in person and by virtual meeting. We cover school districts in Clinton, Essex, Franklin, St. Lawrence, and Northern Hamilton counties.
Our Services for Parents and Community Partners Include:
- Direct help provided one on one when and where it is convenient to the parent/caregiver.
- Individualized technical assistance to help better understand your child's IEP, state regulations for special education, meeting preparation before CSE annual reviews or other meetings.
- Training for parents to develop skills and confidence to participate in the special education process and build collaborative relationships with your school team.
- Connections to a wide variety of other community resources and supports, with direct referrals provided as necessary.
- Resources available also include newsletters, disability-specific information, websites, federal and state regulations.
Additionally, our contact information can be found below: